Monday, July 8, 2013

Video: 5 Reasons to Join a Support Group



5 Reasons Why You Should Join a RESOLVE Support Group

  1. They are free
  2. They are in-person, no computer necessary
  3. Lifelong friendships have started at RESOLVE Support Groups
  4. Support Groups offer a safe place to talk through the emotions of infertility with others who understand
  5. No one facing infertility should feel alone
A support group, whether professionally-led or peer-led, will help you feel less isolated, empower you with knowledge and validate your emotional response to the life crisis of infertility. 

To find a support group near you, visit the RESOLVE website for a list of support groups organized by state.

I looked up my state on this webpage and discovered that there will be a meeting in my area tomorrow night.  B hasn't resisted going to a support group or seeking therapy, but he also isn't very excited about the idea either.  He always feels like he is doing this more for me, and that I'm the one who really wants kids anyway, so why should he go to a support group?  What would he get out of it?  I think he must have some buried feelings about all this and it would have to be good for him to be surrounded by people going through similar experiences.  

If nothing else, maybe he'll see that I'm not the only woman going through all these crazy emotions, and having these crazy thoughts & obsessions all the time.  Best case scenario?  Maybe he'll find other men who feel exactly the same way he does, and he'll realize it's ok for him to feel the way he does.  Even if it means that other men feel like their wives or partners want this more than them, at least then I'd know B & I aren't the only ones going through this.

If we decide to attend, I'll be sure to post about how it went!

No comments:

Post a Comment