Friday, January 20, 2012

Beautiful People


A dear friend saw the quote below and sent it to me in August 2011.  It was during the time when B and I were all excited to do our first IUI and then learned our insurance covers none of it, and so we'd have to pay in advance before the doctors would touch us.  At $1300 a pop, we'd have to wait a few months to save up for it.  And at that time, our doctors were suggesting 5-6 rounds of it, and then if it didn't work moving on to IVF.

We've come so far from that early disappointment.  But the encouraging words of the quote my friend sent me below still ring true and are helpful for getting through all stages of this struggle.  Maybe even more so the farther along we get in the process.

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen." 
— Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

2 comments:

  1. Love this.... shared it on my blog.

    Looks like you might be from WI? I am too... from Hudson. Where are you from?

    Here is my blog:
    http://believeinivfmiracles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mel!

      Thanks for re-sharing on your blog, I'll check it out & add it to my blogroll!

      Yep, we're in Milwaukee. I hate WI health insurance rules. How is yours?

      Delete